PaveCoat Cure & Seal
For freshly paved concrete surfaces
PaveCoat Cure & Seal utilises advanced technology developed over 40 years and is recommended for freshly paved concrete surfaces. PaveCoat Cure & Seal is specially formulated to apply on green curing concrete. Application of Cure & Seal on green concrete ensures that the surface cures efficiently. Independent testing by the CSIRO has shown that Cure & Seal prevents concrete dusting and provides significant benefits including surface hardness, colour retention and durability.
PaveCoat Cure & Seal is manufactured from acrylic polymer resins and is recommended for curing all types of concrete. It also aids in the colour retention of coloured concrete. Primarily developed for curing new decorative concrete, plain and pattern concrete.
PaveCoat Cure & Seal is ideal for:
- Same day concrete sealing
- Freshly poured concrete protection
- Dust protective coating
- Excellent surface penetration on fresh faux brick without additional thinning
- Improves the curing efficiency of concrete
- Reduces concrete salt ‘efflorescence’ on coloured surfaces
- Provides greater wear resistance and durability
- Improves colour retention of coloured concrete
- Prevents surface dusting
- Suitable for smooth and rough surfaces.
Equipment & Tools
Application by Broom, Roller, Brush or Airless Spray is recommended subject to suitable preparation.
When Cure & Seal is not applied on the day the concrete is poured, It is VERY important that smooth steel trowelled surfaces and hardened concrete are acid etched (refer Guidelines below) to increase the surface porosity prior to sealing to ensure long term adhesion.
Sealing New and Old Concrete
Conventional rough wood float finished concrete requires no special surface preparation provided the surface is clean, and not saturated with moisture.
On cured smooth steel trowelled concrete, stamped concrete and other smooth hardened surfaces it is necessary to Acid Etch the surface to improve surface porosity.
A mixture of one part Hydrochloric Acid or Nu EcoSafe Concrete Etch to 15 parts clean water is broomed over the concrete and allowed to penetrate for 10-15 minutes.
Flush thoroughly with water to remove the acid solution, preferably using a highpressure water blaster (> 1500 PSI). After water cleaning allow the surface to completely dry before sealing.
On stamped concrete and other slate impression surfaces, acid etching and pressure water cleaning is essential to remove all release agent prior to sealing as same day sealing is not possible.
- New concrete surface can be green with no free water.
- Best results are achieved by airless spray or light brooming or brushing.
- Remove all loose paper and loose topping colour prior to sealing.
Sealing new concrete the next morning does not achieve the same curing efficiency result and adhesion problems can result on smooth surfaces.
Cure & Seal will penetrate into the concrete surface and should not provide a glossy finish. Application of one additional coat of PaveCoat Clear is recommended for this purpose. An even coat of Cure & Seal should be applied over the surface taking care to avoid sealer pooling in mortar joints and saw cuts.
Sealing of smooth or steep or sloping concrete surfaces may reduce pedestrian and vehicle safety. The addition of one packet of Anti-Slip powder per 20 litres of sealer in the final coat may reduce slipping. Sealing very steep and smooth surfaces is not recommended.
Testing on these surfaces is recommended before applying sealer.
Drying & Curing Time
Curing time depends on wind and temperature.
- Allow a minimum of 1 hour between coats in warm weather and longer in cool weather.
- Full curing is not achieved for up to 1 week.
- Avoid parking vehicles for several days in cold weather and 5 days in hot weather.
- DO NOT allow vehicle use on surface for 7 days.
Do not apply Cure & Seal late in the day as the risk of surface damage caused by dew and condensation increases. Sealer affected by moisture loses gloss and may appear milky.
PaveCoat Cure & Seal contains flammable solvents and suitable safety precautions must be taken during handling and application.
- Ensure adequate ventilation at all times when applying the sealer. Avoid contact with Naked flames, Sparks, Pilot lights and other sources of ignition.
- Avoid contact with Eyes and Skin. Read ‘Safety Directions’ on container.
PaveCoat Cure & Seal is highly flammable and skin contact should be avoided.
PaveCoat Cure & Seal
Clear viscous liquid
Film Forming Temperature:
Highly (>85% Volatiles)
The information given in this data sheet is based on many years experience and is correct to the best of our knowledge. However as the use of our product is beyond our control we can only be responsible for the quality of our product at the time of dispatch. For additional information about specifications or application please contact our company. As this information is of a general nature we cannot assume responsibility for individual use.